Italy Declares “National Emergency” As Coronavirus Cases Surge, Northern Italy On Lockdown: Virus Updates
- Italy announces 79 cases, declares “national emergency”; Nothern Italy put on lockdown.
- Japan cases triple in a week to 121
- Japan confirms “seriously ill” patient in Tokyo
- Hubei reports daily numbers
- Chinese scientists find virus in urine
- Experts propose 27 day quarantine, say 14 days likely not long enough
- Cases outside China go exponential
- 32 UK and European citizens arrive back in UK on evac flight
- Outbreak reported in South Korean psychiatric ward
- WHO team visits Wuhan; will give Monday press conference
- Iran reports 10 new cases, deaths climb to 6
- San Diego says 200 under ‘medical observation’
- Young woman infected five relatives without ever showing symptoms
- South Korea cases surge 8-fold in 4 days to 433; country reports third death
* * *
Update (1940ET): Health officials from two South Korean provinces have reported a total of 28 new cases ahead of a national update, according to BNO.
South Korean officials in 2 regions report at least 28 new cases of coronavirus ahead of national update
https://bnonews.com/index.php/2020/02/the-latest-coronavirus-cases/ …Tracking coronavirus: Map, data and timeline – BNO NewsThe tables below show confirmed cases of coronavirus (2019-nCoV, officially known as SARS-CoV-2 or COVID-19) in China and other countries. To see a distribution map and a timeline, scroll down. There…bnonews.com
* * *
Update (1920ET): NHK reports another case of a “seriously ill” patient in Tokyo. The man allegedly traveled to Indonesia – one of the few countries in the region that hasn’t confirmed a single case – while he was sick.
* * *
Update (1820ET): Officials in Hubei have reported their latest figures on the outbreak, with the number of new cases doubling compared to yesterday (630 on Saturday new cases vs. 366 on Friday), while the number of confirmed deaths dipped (96 vs 106).
…click on the above link to read the rest of the article…