- WHO warns the rest of the world “is not ready for the virus to spread…”
- CDC warns Americans “should prepare for possible community spread” of virus.
- San Francisco Mayor declares state of emergency
- Later, CDC says pandemic not a question of it, but when
- Germany confirms 2nd case on Tuesday, brings total to 17
- Italy cases spike to 322; deaths hit 10
- Japan’s Shiseido tesll 8k employees to work from home
- Kudlow tries to jawbone markets higher
- HHS Sec. Azar warns US lacks stockpiles of masks
- Italy Hotel in Lockdown After First Coronavirus Case in Liguria
- Algeria confirms 1st case
- First case in Switzerland
- Kuwait halts all flights to Singapore and Japan
- Iran confirms 95 cases, 15 deaths
- First case in Austria
- First case in Spain
- Iran Deputy Health Minister infected with Covid-19
* * *
Update (1750ET): Following reports just a few hours ago claiming Germany had reported its first case of the virus, Europe’s largest economy has just reported its second case, according to domestic media reports.
The first patient was reportedly a 25-year-old German who recently traveled to Milan. Patient No. 2 was confirmed near Germany’s border with the Netherlands. The man is in critical condition.
This brings Germany’s total cases to 18.
Germany’s neighbors Austria and Switzerland confirmed their first cases on Tuesday as the virus spread through Central Europe.
Over in Japan, Shiseido told 8,000 employees, roughly 30% of the personal-care company’s workforce, to telecommute in keeping with the Japanese government’s push for private employers to keep their workers out of offices and public places. Japanese companies started this more than a week ago, and have since expanded the number of employees affected.
* * *
…click on the above link to read the rest of the article…