“Tip Of The Iceberg” – WHO Director Warns Of More Widespread Transmission As Virus Death Toll Tops 900, Beijing Under Partial Lock Down
- Virus death toll hits 902, vastly surpassing all of SARS (813) in only three weeks
- The number of global confirmed cases hits 40,553 in China (40,171) and offshore (382)
- WHO Director-General warns “we may only be seeing the tip of the iceberg”
- Exiled Chinese billionaire says true death toll closer to 50k, 1.5 million infected
- New cases confirmed in UK, Spain, Singapore
- Passengers aboard ‘Diamond Princess’ warn authorities aren’t doing enough to protect them – and others
- Officials in Shenzen say they won’t block Foxxconn factory reopening
- Cruise ship quarantined in Hong Kong allowed to leave after 4 days
* * *
Update (2240ET): And so the epidemic reaches China’s capital Beijing. As gnews reports, as the coronavirus spreads from Wuhan, China has been implementing “closed management” by putting 80 cities under lockdown, and on Monday, Beijing authorities also issued a “Strict Closed Management of Residential Communities” in an epidemic prevention and control announcement (link here). It is an official declaration that Beijing, the country’s capital city of China, is now under lockdown.
Finally, #Beijing partially locked down, all communities under “closedown model “ management. Original Chinese language announcement here #武汉肺炎 #coronavirus 北京发布疫情防控通告，严格居住小区（村）封闭式管 理http://politics.people.com.cn/n1/2020/0210/c1001-31578622.html …
According to the notice, Beijing will further enforce “community closed management” in a strict manner. Outside vehicles and personnel are not allowed to enter the city. People arriving in Beijing must also report their health status and complete the registration of personal information.
Those, who have left the epidemic area or have physical contact with persons in the epidemic area within 14 days of their arrival at Beijing, shall be inspected or quarantined at home in accordance with the regulations. They should take the initiative to report their health conditions, and cooperate with relevant management services. They shall not go out.
…click on the above link to read the rest of the article…