Octavianus Augustus Caesar (63 BC – 14 AD). Perhaps the most successful leader in history, he didn’t just become the absolute ruler of the Roman State, but took over the role of the highest religious authority (the “Pontifex Maximum”) and transformed himself into a living deity. Turning a democracy into a dictatorship is a pattern that was repeated many times in history, but that was not always successful. It was the case of the 9/11 attacks that did not lead to an absolute dictatorship in the United States. Here, I argue that it was because of the different structure of the memesphere in the 21st century.
- Obtain sufficient funds for the task
- Build up support among the poor and the disgruntled.
- Enlist your supporters in a para-military or military organization.
- Obtain a high-level government position using a mixture of intimidation and legal means.
- Exploit a dramatic event to scare everyone and obtain special emergency powers.
- Never relinquish your emergency powers, but always increase them.
…click on the above link to read the rest of the article…