Preface. What follows is the testimony of Dr. Pry at a 2015 U.S. House of Representatives session. I have cut, shortened, and rearranged the order of the 30 page original document. And hey, the truth is, the electric grid is coming down one way or another. Without natural gas, wind and solar can’t be balanced (no energy storage is in sight), and the electric grid is falling apart.
- Russian hackers suspected in attack that blacked out parts of Ukraine
- How the weapon works (pdf): CRASHOVERRIDE Analyzing the Threat to Electric Grid Operations
- The EMP Commission estimates a nationwide blackout lasting one year could kill up to 9 of 10 Americans through starvation, disease, and societal collapse
- Electromagnetic pulse threat to infrastructure (U.S. House hearings 2012 & 2014)
- The Devil’s Scenario – near miss at Fukushima is a warning for U.S.
- A Nuclear spent fuel fire at Peach Bottom in Pennsylvania could force 18 million people to evacuate
- The electromagnetic pulse EMP Threat. May 13, 2005 House of Representatives hearing
- The electric grid, critical interdependencies, vulnerabilities. House of Representatives 2003
- Electromagnetic Pulse EMP from solar flares or high-altitude nuclear weapon explosion
Testimony of Dr. Peter Vincent Pry at the U.S. House of Representatives Serial No. 114-42 on May 13, 2015. The EMP Threat: the state of preparedness against the threat of an electromagnetic pulse (EMP) event. House of Representatives. 94 pages.
“The EMP Commission estimates that a nationwide blackout lasting one year could kill up to 9 of 10 Americans through starvation, disease, and societal collapse”
A natural electromagnetic pulse (EMP) from a geomagnetic super-storm, like the 1859 Carrington Event or 1921 Railroad Storm, or nuclear EMP attack could cause a year-long blackout, and collapse all the other critical infrastructures–communications, transportation, banking and finance, food and water–necessary to sustain modern society and the lives of 310 million Americans.
…click on the above link to read the rest of the article…