It’s a Monday morning replay. S&P cash markets have opened down 6.7%, bounced a little, before tumbling back down to a 7% loss, triggering the first system-wide circuit-breaker, causing markets to halt trading for 15 minutes.
During US trading hours (Cash)
- Level 1: 7% fall to 2549.48 before 15:25EDT/19:25GMT will prompt a 15-minute pause.
- Level 2: 13% drop to 2385.00 before said time will introduce another 15-minute pause.
- Level 3: 20% decline to 2193.10 within the time will shut the markets
NOTE: Only the 20% rule applies to the final 35 minutes of trading.
During US trading hours (Futures)
- Level 1: 7% fall to 2546.50
- Level 2: 13% drop to 2382.00
- Level 3: 20% decline to 2190.00
Where are the circuit-breakers: