Are you thinking of adding a new canine member to your family? If what you are really looking for is a survival dog, there are a few things you need to seriously consider. Some dogs are more well suited to be just companions, while others are better suited to be protectors. What a prepper really needs is a combination of both.
Which canine breed is most suited for the role of survival dog? Could there be more than one? In a world with over 100 dog breeds, this question may be very tricky to answer and research.
What makes a good prepper dog breed?
When it comes to selecting an excellent prepper breed; there are a few things you need to consider:
- Do you have land and/or animals that need protection?
- Do you require personal protection?
- Do you require a companion as well as a guardian?
Prepper dogs should confidently protect your land, animals, and especially your family. Protection breeds should have the following traits and abilities:
- Alert dogs, in which they bark or signal to you that there is a threat nearby.
- Physical intimidation; a larger breed is more intimidating to intruders or threats than a smaller breed. Larger and physically daunting breeds are taken more seriously
- Man-stoppers; these breeds can physically fight or restrain potential threats by force
…click on the above link to read the rest of the article…