German Minister Declares Outbreak “A Global Pandemic”; Israel Quarantines Soccer Fans: Virus Updates
- Italian gov’t denies ANSA report about closing schools & universities
- German finance minister declares outbreak “a global pandemic”
- EU reports first coronavirus case at its headquarters in Brussels
- China reported 119 additional coronavirus cases and 38 additional deaths
- South Korea reported 809 additional coronavirus cases and 4 additional deaths
- Israel quarantines group of soccer fans
- “Official” Iranian death toll hits 92
* * *
Update (0820ET): The Italian education ministry said Wednesday morning that “no decision has yet been made” regarding whether to close schools, or not. The decision has apparently been delayed for a few hours, according to RanSquawk. The headline about the school closures took a little bit of the momentum out of markets earlier, but stock futures in the US have rallied back.
* * *
Update (0800ET): Italian newswire ANSA reports that the Italian government will move ahead with plans to close all schools and colleges in the country for two weeks.
BREAKING: Italy closes all schools and universities nationwide to stop coronavirus
Until now, only schools in Italy’s virus-plagued northern region had been closed due to the outbreak, even as the death toll from the virus nears 80.
Meanwhile, the Global Times can’t help but gloat…
…click on the above link to read the rest of the article…