- The Sun reports first case confirmed in London, bringing UK total to 9
- UK hospital confirms worker found to be infected treated ‘small number’ of patients
- Russia releases two Chinese nationals who recovered from virus
- China Grand Prix likely to be cancelled
- Couple onboard ‘Diamond Princess’ tell CNBC situation is “frankly terrifying”.
- AFP publishes report exposing worsening shortages of food and supplies in Wuhan
- Cruise ship rejected by four countries allowed to dock in Cambodia
- Rumors of 10k in Wuhan not included in official count of cases
- NYT follows WSJ in exploring problems with Chinese testing kits
- Global Times says US should restart travel to China
- US officials complain about China still denying American help
- First ship-to-shore infection occurs in Japan from ‘Diamond Princess’
- State Department lets non-essential personnel and their families leave Hong Kong because of outbreak
* * *
Update (1515ET): What are they hiding? Well, isn’t it obvious?
Yesterday, Dr. Tedros revealed at a WHO press conference that China had finally agreed to allow a team of international experts to study the outbreak on the mainland. This ended weeks of Beijing steadfastly refusing any international aid as more than a thousand people died in Hubei’s overwhelmed hospitals.
Now, US health officials are complaining that Beijing is still blocking them from visiting China by refusing to allow Americans to join the WHO team traveling to China. US officials affirmed Wednesday afternoon in New York that they still hadn’t been given a reason for the refusal, and we strongly doubt one will be offered. After all, the Politburo certainly isn’t in the habit of explaining its decisions.
In the US, the CDC warned during a press conference too early to know if warm spring weather will slow or stop the coronavirus outbreak, as it usually is enough to bring the annual North American flu season to an end.
…click on the above link to read the rest of the article…