There is always talk about some type of war in the Middle East. But this time things could actually be heating up. On Monday Israel launched operation Northern Shield to destroy tunnels that terrorist group Hezbollah built on its southern border. Haaretz writes;
The Israeli military launched an operation Monday night to destroy cross-border tunnels constructed by Hezbollah, crossing the Lebanon border into Israel.
The military said it has been aware since 2006 that Hezbollah was trying to construct attack tunnels stretching from Lebanon into Israel at several points along the border. Since then, Hezbollah chief Hassan Nasrallah has spoken of a plan to take over parts of the Galilee, in northern Israel, in a future conflict.
It appears Hezbollah on its end is somewhat anxious, but calm. TRT world notes;
Officially, Hezbollah has remained silent on the operation launched yesterday – a media representative told TRT World that the group was not commenting at present. But an affiliated news outlet yesterday posted close-up images of Israeli personnel photographed from across the border. “The enemy mobilised a force of 12 military vehicles and a number of other drilling and bulldozers”
US National Security Advisor to the President John Bolton released a statement in full support of Israel and issuing a warning to both Hezbollah and Israel.
In a meeting on Monday between Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin “Bibi” Netanyahu and U.S. secretary of State Mike Pompeo, the Prime Minister stated that it will take action against Lebanon if it does stop Hezbollah and Iran. The Times of Israel writes;
Netanyahu was reported to be telling Pompeo that Israel could take military action if Beirut does not clamp down on Hezbollah, amid concerns that Tehran has begun shipping advanced arms directly to the terror group in Lebanon.
…click on the above link to read the rest of the article…